How do I create a new directory category?
Your directory listings can be assigned to one or more categories. For example, if you ran a local health care website, you may have two directories on your website:
- Primary care doctors
Each of these categories was created in your Taxonomy Manager. This article will show you how to add directory categories.
Note: Some websites use the term buyer's guide instead of directory. In your dashboard, however, it will be called a directory.
1. To add a new directory category, go to your Taxonomy Manager in your dashboard.
2. Click on Categories then Directory Categories then + Add Taxonomy.
In the example above, the existing categories live in the Buyer's Guide folder. Each website's taxonomy is unique. If you have questions, please contact your solutions manager.
3. To add a new category, click on the folder where you want it to live, ideally in the same folder existing categories already exist.
4. A window to edit it will appear on the right hand side of the manager to create your new child taxonomy for this category.
5. Type the new category name under Title. Give it a description and hit Save Changes.
A pop-up will appear that this category was created successfully.
You may add additional categories, or delete, hide or make certain categories unselectable by clicking on the topic and clicking the edit icon.
Don't forget to save your work.
Learn more about creating a new directory listing here: How do I create a new directory listing?