How do I use the SEO tool in the Article, Product and Events Manager?
In the Manager tool for your Articles, Products and Events you may edit the Browser Title, Meta Description and Meta Keywords in the SEO tool.
In the article, product or event manager, click on the SEO tab to access SEO tools.
The Friendly URL, Browser Title, Meta Description and Meta Keywords will automatically populate but you may edit them.
- The Friendly URL can be changed. Do not mistake this for a redirect. Instead, this is the search-friendly copy, generated from the headline, that appears in the URL along with the article or blog ID.
- The Browser Title appears at the top of the window and is based on the headline. You may update it.
- A Canonical URL specifies to search engines your preferred URL. The Canonical URL element informs Google and other search engines to crawl a website, and what URL to index that specific page content under.
- The Meta Description is generated from the start of the article or blog post. If this copy is not SEO-friendly, you may want to update it, but most importantly, it should entice the reader. This is what shows up in search results under the Title.
- The Meta Keywords are created based on the keywords on the first page of the article, directory listing, product, or event manager. The most important thing is to put keywords in the Title, Subheads (H2) and throughout the article.